Reflection

I had originally started writing this post over a month ago and then one of my babies needed me so I thought I'd get right back to it once both kiddos were fast asleep that night... whoops... it is now a whole month or more later and I'm finally sitting down to write. I knew being back at work meant I wouldn't have as much time to write but wow, I blinked and all this time has suddenly come and gone. 

The whole point I wanted to make while writing a post about reflection was me feeling all the feels when I was just days away from starting work again after having more than a year at home with my 2 kiddos. I had wanted to reflect on how amazing and lucky I felt to have gotten that opportunity and also the immense appreciation I have for stay-at-home Moms. To be at home is wonderful, but it isn't easy. 

Being back at work has been so nice. I do work with little ones as a nursery teacher every day. It truly is an incredible job. I get to play, I get constant cuddles, I get to sing and dance with no-one judging me, I get to teach routines, I get to paint, play with play dough, I get to watch these little kids grow and develop every day and quickly become part of what feels like a little family. It is a pleasure to do what I do and I'm so happy I found what I love. My own kids are also just a few doors down the hall in their own classrooms and it is so cool to pass by in the hall and give them a hug or a wink. 
I also have the afternoon with my kids which truly makes my work/life situation a dream. 

Having said that, I felt so so lucky to take some time away from work to be with my 2 little ones but also quickly realised that it was no easy task. It was 24/7 all about my kids, absolutely no 'me time'. Will was gone a lot (luckily that will now change as he is DONE with his masters- woohoo) so I felt like I was doing it on my own and in a new Emirate so I didn't know anyone at the beginning. It did feel a little lonely at first. 
After the initial feeling of isoloation had gone, I just embraced every second I had with my children knowing that this was going to be a special year and that it might not come again- so that wasn't lost on me and I made the most of it. 

I spent an entire year really truly deeply getting to know my 2 kids. We spent every day together, went on mini adventures, walks, swims, picnics at the top of mountains, took 2 international holidays, and simply had an INCREDIBLE time. 
It was hard work, there were days that weren't as fun as others. There were nights that I had little to no sleep and I just wanted to cry. There were days when my toddler wouldn't listen and I felt as though she was immune to my "no's". But even on those hard days, I went to sleep with a smile on my face because I have the honour of being Livi and Ben's Mom and feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude and pride of the unique and indescribable bond we share. Being far away from family, means they (and Will) are all I have. We are all each other has- on the good days and the bad. It truly is something special and the past year truly was something special.

Now we are almost done with September, a little over a month back at work, getting used to our new routine and so far so good. October is a day away and it's our little Livi's birthday month.. she is going to be 4 years old and I can hardly believe it. So lots of fun things to look forward to this coming month... We are hoping to jet off to England end of December and have some exciting destinations planned to visit starting in 2020. Exciting times ahead. 

I'll leave the post saying reflection is an amazing thing.. and I'm so happy I reflected a little bit on the past year and now have the biggest smile on my face having done it and gone through some photos. Twas a year I will never forget.
Now I'm off to bed... let's hope I get around to writing again before another month comes and goes. 

Happy Reflection xoxo

Idaho 

England

England

Idaho


Livi and Ben with their Mimi


Livi and Mimi




Al Ain

Al Ain

England


Al Ain- Livi in the desert


Top of Jebel Hafeet

Ben's birthday







Comments

Popular Posts