Passenger

7 years ago on a layover in Germany, during my flight attendant days, I was getting ready to head out to explore and had the TV on in the background when I heard... "you only need the light when it's burnin low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go... and you let her go"... I stopped what I was doing and turned the volume up as loud as it could go. 
I was completely captivated by this voice, by the incredibly beautiful and relatable lyric and just the insane talent that I was hearing. As soon as I was back from sightseeing that day, I quickly went on youtube and started watching Passenger's live performances, listening to his other songs and fell in love with his music. 

Music has been a massive part of my life (as it is in everyone's I'm sure)... Music is therapeutic, music gets you through some trying times, music brings people together, music is relatable, music is life experiences, bringing you straight back to a specific place and time. 

Every lyric of his has this indescribable way of having the listener almost nod throughout the entire song (like, yes, I hear you... or yes, I've gone through that, or yes, I know someone like this) but the poetic way in which he writes and the poignancy, the experience and travel done, the listening to strangers and writing a song about their stories... pulls at the listeners heartstrings. And it isn't just one of his songs that does this, it's every single one of them! I haven't heard any singer like Passenger before and I'm so thankful for his talent. 

I was able to see him perform live on Wednesday night at the most gorgeous and intimate venue, Dubai Opera House. Hands down, this was  my most magical music experience. We were standing so close to the stage. Almost every song, people simply listened. We were able to take in this beautiful voice, lyric and melody of each and every song. He was also so interactive and told us stories and meaning behind the songs he wrote and I just felt so honored to witness it all. 

It was the perfect night for me to just be a girl listening to music that she loves and not "Mommy" for a couple of hours. But I was just as happy to sneak back into bed with my sweet babies once we were home. 

Passenger! Thank you for the most special night. I'll never forget it. 



Comments

Popular Posts