`Nanny'




Me as eponene from les miserable for Halloween- also made by Nanny ❤️

One of the many costumes made for me


 Nanny


The cleverest woman I know. 

Answers every Jeopardy question perfectly, without blinking an eye. She answers so nonchalantly. That knowledge always blew my mind 

A woman who helped raise me- could craft any craft so perfectly. Could sew any costume that I wished to wear- if I asked politely 

Strong! oh so strong! for her body has been through a lot- she pushes through- strong as steel 

Lived in the shadows of others, not always getting enough credit. But I see who she is- the matriarch of this family. Keeping us together. 

She humbly accomplished a lot- not telling many people all she's done. raised 3 kids- a lot of times alone. I see what you've done, My Nanny. 

Studied at Harvard but had to stop- to put others first, raise her kids and support the dreams of Pop. 

She got her own pilot's license- I mean what? Thats as cool as cool will ever be- I see who you are, My Nanny. 

Was there for me for my whole life- especially when I was small for life threw Me and My Mom a curveball.

Relocated to Boston to live with them- helping to raise me- while my Mom went back to school 

Apparently let me walk on the back part of sofas. Helped me study for Math, learn my lines for my first ever play. 

Helped with last minute history projects that I completely forgot to make until the very last day before they were due. That was me with my head in the clouds but you understood me and I understand You. 

You love musicals and to sing. I always felt like a star when you looked at me. But guess what? You're like a star to me too. Shine bright as ever-though you might not always feel like you do. 

There is such beauty in not knowing just how beautiful you are- I think that keeps you grounded, keeps you kind and that is who you are! 

Skydiving for the first time at 65? whatever age, it was pretty high up there- said you'd already lived a good long life so if anything were to happen, at least you knew that you'd be doing something epic if you had breathed your last breath falling down from the sky. 

You see, you're a rockstar. I wish I knew more of your stories- some deep truths because there aren't many people as special as you. 

I'll be sure to ask more about your younger years the next time I see you- you magnificent woman! I love you! Thank you for being My Nanny! 














Comments

Popular Posts