Frank

 Frank 

There will be many poems in this book that I will write about this man. but this poem is about the start of our adventure- taking it back to when he and my Mom fell in love. 

So you remember in my last poem it was about the beginning of the future? well, the future of our family begins with him. A man named Frank. 

A person who was kind, who loved my Mom and loved me just the same. it was the first person to date my Mom that made my heart and mind begin to change. 

From- 'no way can anyone come into our lives and take her away'- 'to he includes me too, is funny- I wouldn't mind if he stays.'

When I was 10 they got married- two old friends from college- who both became teachers and lived in Florida. Both wanting to explore the World. 

So once they were married off we went. Moved to Belgium - the thought of the move at first crushed me- to be leaving my whole family. but if i could go back in time- i'd tell my little self- you're about to embark on the most magnificent experience of a lifetime. that experience of a lifetime- It all started with Frank. The man who stepped up and stepped in as my Father figure- I'll always have him to thank. 



Comments

Popular Posts