Let's start at the very beginning


For the first post about traveling with little ones, I will take it back to the first ever trip we went on with our Livi girl. She was just 5 months old and even though I have traveled my entire life and always looked forward to flying, this time, I was slightly nervous because I had no idea what to expect. I was worried her ears would pop, what if she cried the whole time and people around me were annoyed? What if I needed to change her diaper because it leaked but the seat belt sign was on? Looking back now, these thoughts make me smile but for a young Mom and for the first time ever flying with a baby, all of these worries I'm sure are very common.

Let me start by talking about what I pack for the plane:


My typical way of packing is light. I always want to find what I need easily and quickly. Luckily, Livi was breastfeeding so food was covered. We were traveling to England for her first trip so it was only going to be a 7 hour trip and it was overnight so the hope was she would sleep for most of it :) In my diaper bag (which has always been in a form of a backpack as I find it easier to carry it on my back than a strap over my shoulder) for a flight I always carry EXTRA wet wipes, about 2 spares of clothes for the baby, a couple of toys for the baby, a small blanket, a spare shirt for myself and EXTRA diapers/nappies. I will post a link to the website of my diaper bag below so you can see all of the compartments and space it has for all that you need for a day outing or even an ultra long haul flight.


Next I'll talk about how well Livi did to put any new Mom flyer at ease:


SHE WAS AWESOME! I think now after traveling so much with her, the calmer you are, the calmer the baby is. They always feed off of their parent's energy. She absolutely was incredible. I fed her for take off and landing so her ears wouldn't pop... a nice tip my Mom gave me. We had everything we needed at hand to help her have a smooth flight. My husband was with us so an extra set of hands was amazing. She looked out the window, played with her toys, smiled at everyone and probably slept 5 of the 7 hours! So it was a breeze and we knew from that first flight, she was going to be a little world traveler :)


While this first post is a positive one, I have had many hard trips which I will save for another post (never with the children, but rather our surroundings). Also for a later post, I will talk about what it is like to fly with 2 babies instead of just 1 and this Momma flying solo without my wonderful husband's help :) oh the adventures and oh the stories that await !!!


Click this link to view the brand of my diaper bag if interested to see just how awesome they are: http://www.sunveno.com.cn/about/show.php?lang=en&id=104


Here are some pictures of Livi's first trip at just 5 months (fun for me to look back at these from March 2016)


                                             

                                                       

                                            

                                                         



Comments

Popular Posts