My first time traveling completely alone in 7 years... What?

Welcoming myself back after a couple of weeks of not posting anything. Feeling refreshed, happy, tan (it's about 200 degrees outside here in the UAE at the moment), loved and alive. 

About 2 weeks ago I got the privilege and honor of heading to Idaho, USA for my little sister, Abby's, high school graduation. It was kind of a last minute (month prior to grad) booking on my end. I had been wanting to attend this for a long time but with kids, money, Will working and knowing I was going to see her in a few months in Europe, I had originally decided not to. But after talking with Will again, and reaffirming the fact that she will never have a high school graduation again, and remembering so vividly my little sister being born and holding her for the first time, and having to shake myself into comprehending that she is now graduating from high school.... and not only that but graduating top 10 in her class, got into every single school she applied to, and just simply being so stinking proud of her... I HAD TO BE THERE... even if for 2 days. So thanking my husband for taking a few days off work to watch our kiddos. I know you loved it and they did too! Lots of appreciation from me to you! x

I have only been apart from Livi once for 4 days when Will and I went to Vegas and Livi stayed with my Mom when she was about 20 months old... it was VERY hard for me. I woke up crying almost every night. I have never left Ben. I was curious to see how I would feel leaving the both of them this time.
But guess what? On this trip, I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE SECOND of being just 'Caelan' for a few days. I didn't cry (due to sadness) once haha. What I used to do when traveling long distances prior to kiddos, I would calculate how many movies I could watch before landing. Ex) 14 hour flight would be about 7 movies. I literally watched 7 movies on the plane ride there. AWESOME movies... movies I hadn't even heard of. I enjoyed my food (the past few times I've flown with kids, I haven't been able to eat), and I had a glass of wine. It was BLISS.

Once I landed, I had 2 whole days with my FAMILY. Even my grandparents flew out for the graduation and surprised us all. For 3 nights we got to talk around the dinner table, listen to Poppy and Nanny tell incredible stories, laugh, dance, be goofy, cheer on my siblings in a soccer tournament which they placed 1st and 2nd in, have my Mom tuck me in a couple of nights and just talk together before I went to sleep, watch Abby walk across the stage and accept her diploma. Watching her do that was so surreal because I feel like it was just yesterday that I did that and Abby was just 5 years old. How has this time gone by as fast as it has? I am beyond proud of my sister. I look forward to continuing to witness her do incredible things. You make this world a better place, Abby. The world is yours... I love you! 

The cherry on top of an incredible 2 days was getting to see one of my best friends from when I went to school in Brussels, who lives in Seattle. She drove to the airport on my layover and we got to catch up for about an hour. We have known one another since we were 12. We grew up playing volleyball and basketball together. She truly is family and a forever friend. We can always jump right back into our friendship like no time has been spent apart. It is incredible! I am beyond lucky to have a friend like her and to have gotten the chance to spend a little time with her. Thank you Caitlin, I couldn't stop smiling after seeing you! 

I got back to the UAE at night, so my babies were sleeping. I walked into their room and whispered in Livi's ear "Mommy's home". Still asleep, she rolled over and said "I love my Mommy." I was so happy to be home. I kissed Ben and the next morning when he saw me he started clapping. haha. As fun as it was to have a few days to myself  with no-one calling my name every two seconds... I am now not complete without those little ones near me. I am now only 100% me, with them by my side and I wouldn't have it any other way (except for maybe once a year for a couple of days 😉)  

Happy Travels xoxo
How does it feel to be done with high school? 

A proud Momma right there

Our graduate

💓


proud grandparents

My Beautiful Brother




Beautiful Caitlin 






Comments

Popular Posts