Through my daughter’s eyes

Yesterday was one of those days where I looked at my daughter and complete and utter AWE spread through me. 

When your child can take you back to being a kid and make you remember being fearless, brave and completely in the moment, everything else around you comes at a standstill and all you can focus on is this incredible child that you are lucky enough to call yours... THESE moments mean the world, and to me are what life is all about. 

Yesterday we decided to go grab lunch at the mall and then go play a few games at an arcade- as staying indoors is pretty much a must during the summer in the UAE. Unless, you are poolside, which still is only comfortable to do early in the morning or later in the evening. 

Anyway, Livi decided she wanted go on a ride at the arcade... she had to stand as tall and straight as she could up against their height ruler and was incredibly proud when she was tall enough to do a few of the rides that she had been eager to try. The first one was like a really big merry-go-round but went up in the air. She wanted to go all by herself and it looked slow enough so we let her. She got strapped in and off she went. Every time she came around to where we were standing, she had the biggest smile on her face, but as soon as she thought we weren't looking, her facial expression turned a bit more to worry hahah.. but she stayed on and afterward said "That was so much fun." Will and I were so proud of her. 

Next, she wanted to go on a ship ride that rocked back and forth... Will and I hadn't seen anyone go on it before so we just assumed it was nice and slow since Livi once again met the height limit. (of course in our minds they wouldn't make a fast ride for someone so small)... Luckily, Will went on with her. I was holding Ben on the side cheering loudly for our brave girl. 
You guys, they start this ride and it is SO FAST... Olivia looked PETRIFIED. I watched her grab onto Will's arm for dear life. She didn't scream, she didn't ask to get off, she stayed on and finished the ride. I was CRYING I was LAUGHING so hard. I saw Will cracking up the whole time too. I was so in the moment that I didn't have time to grab my camera to capture this EPIC memory but it will forever be carved in my brain as one of the proudest, funniest times to date. 

Olivia got off the ride and I asked her if it was fun, she said "No, that was too dangerous."
Will told me that on the ride she said, "Dad, this is too dangerous, I wish we stayed at home." haha 

The poor, sweet girl. 

Again, I am so proud that she stayed on the ride and was up for a new adventure even if she wasn't too thrilled with the end results. I know she has such bravery and fearlessness in her and I CANNOT wait to continue to watch her go after what she wants even if sometimes it's outside of her comfort zone and to listen to her complete and honest opinion of her experiences after the fact. 

I LOVE you Olivia. May you stay as fearless and wide eyed for adventure for as long as you can, if not FOREVER.. Momma and Dad will always be right there cheering you on and of course, there to hold your hand if you want us to. 

Happy Appreciation Post my friends XOXO

Some photos of our Olivia being the adventurous, curious, amazing girl that she is! So proud to be your Momma! 





On the way off the plane, she ran past the captain and sat right in his seat hahaha. He was so sweet and let her sit there and he explained what everything was for. I think we have a future pilot on our hands... she is obsessed with airplanes :) 


Exploring with Daddy 



Comments

Popular Posts