On the Move... AGAIN

We are on the move, yet again. Hopefully this time, we will stay in one house for at least 5 years.. as this Momma is getting tired of changing houses all of the time. 
We have been in the UAE for 8 years and have moved houses 8 times, so this will be our 9th time haha.. when you think about that, it ends up equaling to be a new house every year. That is crazy!!! Right? 

We were originally supposed to be headed back to the USA this year to be closer to family but a few epiphanies later, and we decided as a family to ride out this expat life for as long as we possibly can. For Will and myself, we want the kids to grow up around as much diversity as possible and to travel to new destinations as much as possible too. We figured if a job presented itself that would allow us to financially be able to do this- then we would stay here. 

Will has now gotten his dream job and I get to go back to mine at my old Nursery in Dubai. We are moving to a house the perfect size for this family of 4 + our new dog Dash, with lots of parks near by, a pool just a few steps away, and our friends just a quick car ride away too. We are so so excited for this next chapter and have our fingers crossed that it is what we have both been working so hard for during these past 8 years to achieve  There is something extremely satisfying about watching everything come together the way we dreamt of as a family and I am just really really HAPPY and feel very very LUCKY! 

During this next chapter we also are looking forward to visit more nearby countries. We have always headed back to either the States or England to see family on our holidays and while that is amazing and still a priority to have that family time and for the kids to know where their parents are from, we can't wait to explore more of this world with so many amazing countries right at our fingertips. 

There is a picture that I found of myself the other day that was taken before this UAE adventure, before meeting Will, before the kiddos and it brought me to tears (of happiness) because that girl had no idea what was ahead of her... I was about to move to the UAE for a year....now, 8 years later- a lot of my dreams have come true. There is still so much more that I want to experience, that I want to achieve. But when I looked at that photo, I felt proud. Proud of who I was then, for following my heart when others might not have agreed, and proud of who I am now (still following my heart). I know that if I continue to do that and work hard, good things will happen and everything will fall into place. 

Cheers to a new chapter, cheers to a new adventure, and cheers to this next year of exploring new countries and watching my family grow more in love and experiences. 

Happy Travels 


On a hike in Idaho a little before moving to UAE. All of the things ahead of me, I had yet to know. Follow your heart- ALWAYS 

Comments

Popular Posts