Happy 2020 and 1 year anniversary of this blog

Happy New Year Everyone! I truly don't know where the last year went and we are already 2 weeks into January. Wow! I also just realized that I've been writing this blog for a year now and it made me smile. So- Happy New Year and I'd like to say Happy 1 year anniversary to this blog. 

It's been some time since I've written... with going back to work and two kiddos I am genuinely exhausted by 8 pm and it's around that time I crash in bed. But today, I have a moment- so here I am... although, I'm laughing because as I sat down to some piece and quiet, excited to write this post..I wanted to make it nice and cozy so I picked up my already lit candles to move them from my bookshelf to the table I'm typing at and as I did this, wax spilled all over my floor...
I just finished scraping all of it up with a knife.. never a dull moment and nothing ever goes as I play it in my head...but that is ok. 

2019- wow.. blink of an eye and its done but there was a lot of change, a lot of happiness, a lot of adventures... so I'm going to just say thank you to the year and reflect on some of my favorite memories/expereinces. 

- My sister Emily came to visit the UAE for the first time at the start of the year and it was incredible to show her around and have her experience the place that has been my home for almost 9 years now. 
- My sister Abby then came in February and sharing it all with her was so special too. 
- Our son Ben turned 1 in May 2019 and we loved celebrating him and the incredible love we all have for our amazing, active, funny, sweet boy
- I was able to travel back to Idaho by myself for my sisters high school graduation which was extremely special. 
- We welcomed our rescue Dog 'Dash' (livi's choice of name) into our home and family.
- In the summer Will got his dream job and we moved once more (hopefully staying in 1 home now for awhile) from Al Ain to Abu Dhabi 
- Will graduated with his Masters in Engineering Management (a long and hard 2 years - all worth it) extremely proud moment... Will's parents flew out here for the celebrations which made it even more special 
- I went back to work at my old nursery, and the kids came with me starting in September
- Ben started walking
- Livi turned 4 years old and we had a great day celebrating her with a Halloween themed birthday party (all her idea) 
-Will and I got to see Passenger (one of our favorite artists) live at Dubai Opera House 
- In November I flew home to celebrate the most incredible man I've ever had the privilege of knowing and I'm lucky enough to call him my Grandfather... it was a big birthday for him so I got to fly to Florida for Thanksgiving weekend and surprise my Grandparents... It will be a weekend for the ages and it's imprinted in my mind. I will forever hold that weekend in my heart. 💓
- We spent Christmas here in UAE and had an amazing 2 weeks spending quality time with one another... lots of walks, bike rides, swimming, food and good times with friends as well. 
- Made the decision for our Livi girl to start 'big' school January 2020. 
Lots of wonderful moments... Lots of rollercoaster rides of emotions cause lets face it- that's what it is to be a parent. Watching these kids get older and starting school, knowing that I'm going to blink and they will be grown is not lost on me. So I am soaking up EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. 

Thank you 2019 you were good to us! 
2020- nice to meet you! We are ready for you.

Already had a lovely start to the year with a visit from my Mom, Mimi to my kiddos. How lucky am I that I get to call her my best friend? The love she gives us is beyond appreciated.. the laughs we share, watching my kids completely and utterly adore her makes my heart burst with happiness. While it takes time for my heart to heal when she leaves, I know that the bond is like no other and every time we visit one another, we have to just make the most of it- and we do EVERY SINGLE TIME. 


Once again, Happy New Year, Happy Travels xoxo


































Comments

Popular Posts