Christmas Holiday in Clyst St. Lawrence, England

Another Christmas in Clyst St. Lawrence experienced. And what an experience it was. This time, it was 7 years later, married and with 2 children. I don't think Will and I had any idea of what lay ahead that Christmas 7 years ago. What an amazing ride it's been, my love. 

Will is from one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. He grew up in a quaint, quiet, serene, peaceful, GORGEOUS village in Devon, England. 
I have always loved England but before Will, I had really only ever been to London. I fell IN LOVE with England after visiting Will's home for the first time. 

All I can think is how lucky our kiddos are that they can go and visit this gorgeous place any time they want and see where their Daddy grew up! And how lucky am I as well? I feel very grateful- so thank you Pam Pam and Grampy for always making our trip to see you very special, magical and memorable! 

We only spent a short 5 days in England this Christmas but every single day was so special. The kids went on lots of walks, spent evenings making Christmas cookies with their grandparents, Will and I got to spend some time together doing Christmas shopping alone (which is such a treat). We went to the seaside two mornings bright and early and walked, collected shells, breathed in crisp air, ate fish and chips at like 10 am haha, watched Livi run for miles on the sand. Saw her smile light up while singing Christmas carols in the village's church on Christmas Eve (my most favorite tradition we do when we visit at Christmas). 

Livi and Ben got to meet their cousins for the first time. That was magical for us to watch Livi and her cousin Evelyn play and laugh and become automatic buddies. 
We ate yummy dinner every night cooked by Will's super talented Mom. Watched the kids open their presents on Christmas morning (Livi's first Christmas truly understanding the meaning and what it's all about- so special in itself). 
Will and I even fit a date night in at a pub called "Thirsty Farmer" which was a very special night for me on our trip because date night is a rarity for us. It was so nice to have a couple of hours laughing and paying 100% attention to my husband who truly is at the core of our relationship my BEST FRIEND- always has been from the moment we met. For those couple of hours I felt like I was 23 again :) 

Another memory made was watching Livi jump in muddy puddles for the first time. I'm almost certain that every Momma is well aware of the show 'Peppa Pig'. This was Livi's favorite show for the first 2 years of her life. All she every wanted to do outside was jump in muddy puddles like Peppa. Poor kid never got to because it never rains where we live (well only like 4 days a year and it's not the heaviest of rain). So watching this little girl, in her boots jump up and down in muddy puddles was definitely a highlight for both me and Will. 

What an amazing Christmas vacation- our first one all together as a family of 4. 
I could truly go on and on about this magical place and how much I love it. I can honestly see myself living there, retiring there, making cider with Will and living happily ever after in a place that reminds me of a fairy tale. Cheers to another wonderful Christmas in Clyst St. Lawrence. 

Happy Travels xoxo


Seaside walks 

I mean, these 2 boys are handsome!! 

Beautiful Sidmouth

Merry Christmas :) 


May you always explore and see the beauty in this world, my girl 

On her way to the church to sing Christmas carols

Moments before finding a muddy puddle and goin' to town jumping in it :)


One of the best date nights to date :) 



Comments

Popular Posts