Dear Olivia

With International Women's Day having been a few days ago, it got me thinking so much about my sweet Olivia. I am so proud of the little girl she is and can't wait to watch her grow, thrive, discover, fail, love, succeed, explore. I'm so honored to be her Mom and I'm so grateful to cheer her on in life. It fills my heart to the max. 

Dear Livi Girl, 

You are a mere 3 years old and yet you have taught me more about myself than anyone I've met in my 31 years. From the moment you were born, you came into this world with your eyes wide open. You have such a love for life and that love shines through those bright blue eyes of yours every day. The book "The Help" is one of my favorite books and there are three lines that I read before you were born that stuck with me and they are: 'You is kind. You is smart. You is important.' Since you were born, every night when I tuck you in, I say these three lines + 3 more of my own. 

You are so kind! You want to be friends with everyone and anyone. You walk up to strangers every day and say hello. Some you want to hug, others you shake hands with or simply wave to with that gorgeous smile. You are at the age where you are more aware of people's feelings and sense if someone needs a hug or a smile- you don't hesitate to show that affection. I've learned that these are your 'love taps' ( a term my beautiful Doctor told me about).
You never want anyone to be sad. If your little brother is crying, you quickly run to his side and sing him a song or give him a toy. While as a Mom, I was nervous to see how you would react as your new role of sister, all my worries were thrown away the moment you laid eyes on your brother. At just 2 1/2 years old, you saw him and said "That's Baby Ben." Like you had known him your whole life. I can't tell you how much your sensitivity, love and kindness toward him has filled my heart with more appreciation and love than I ever thought possible. Thank you!

You are so brave! You are always up for an adventure and this started at an early age. You love to go on airplanes! You love to go down big slides. You love to ride your scooter (which you learned how to do in a couple of days). You love to run and jump. You love to 'drive fast' in Daddy's car. The other day you went for an assessment at 'big school'. The teachers came to pick you up at reception and when they came you happily took their hands and encouraged the other little girls to come along with you as they were a little more hesitant. Off you went. I couldn't help but be filled with immense pride. 

You are so strong! You make me a stronger woman. I could have the worst news be given to me or have had a not-so-good day- but the second I see you, I'm filled with happiness, I'm filled with strength! You get me through hard days. You yourself are so strong. Anytime you fall to the ground (literally), you get back up again- ready to try again. Barely ever do you cry if you get a scratch.(I think you get that from your Daddy and a little from me too). You stand up for yourself. You let it be known what you want and I like that feistiness in you. 

You are so beautiful! You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I know all Mom's think that about their daughters and rightfully so! To us, you are the most precious beings in the world. I don't want one day to go by where I don't let you know how beautiful you are and that your beauty shines so brightly from the inside. You are so good, my girl! So So GOOD! I will embrace every day that your heart is still whole! No-one has yet hurt it (and I dread the day that someone does) I want you to always know your beauty and your worth- for it is great and it is dear. 

You are so smart! You are at such a wonderful age where your imagination is running wild. I absolutely love listening to you tell stories, make up stories, pretend you are a character from one of your favorite shows- sometimes I have to call you a different name for an entire day because you insist that you are that character (specifically Marshall right now from Paw Patrol.) I love that and it brings me back to being a child and getting lost in my imagination! You shock me every day with a new word you've learned (right now it's catastrophe haha), or the fact that you know directions (blown away by that), or that unbelievable memory of yours. Daddy had a tradition with his Mom where before every flight they took, they would by a big bag of sweets. Daddy did this with you during our Christmas trip to England. You picked out a big bag of Haribo Jelly Airplanes. The other day you said to me, "Mom, I want to go on an airplane. I want jelly airplane candies too. The big bag." Amazing Memory! You impress me EVERY SINGLE DAY. 

You are so important! This goes without explanation! My girl, you are so important! Please, never forget this! Always know how loved you are! Keep that beautiful, happy, lively, passionate, excited, feisty spirit and you will have a wonderful life! I know there will be hard times, challenges, heart break, tears- but know that you will have the strength to overcome them! You will always be the most important girl in my life and I will always be here for you- to help you, to love you, to cheer you on, to guide you, to support you! I've got your back forever and always. I cannot wait to watch you grow! I love our adventures and I love our love! Thank you for being my best friend! 

Here's to strong women! May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them! 

I love you Livi, 

Your Momma 






Comments

Popular Posts