Summer of 2017

Back today with a blog about travel. Going back a year and a half to when we spent our summer in Idaho. I think that was one of our best summer vacations yet. We still had only sweet little Livi and it was the first LONG vacation we took as a new family of 3. 

When my family had moved to Idaho in 2009, I had not really heard much about Idaho nor had I ever been there. When I went out to visit for the first time, I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. Idaho is gorgeous and I've always described it as a hidden gem in the U.S.- although a lot more people are starting to move there now so its quickly becoming not so hidden anymore. 

On this vacation, Will got to take 3 weeks off from work- so we had 3 weeks of quality time which was AMAZING. 

My brother had just visited us in Dubai so we all flew into Seattle together. We stayed in Seattle for 3 nights- in an amazing hotel, Seattle Marriott Waterfront. It was in walking distance to downtown- all the attractions that a first time tourist in Seattle would want to explore. We brought our Opsrey baby backpack for Livi and just walked miles and miles with her strapped mainly to Will's back- her little head moving all over the place trying to take it all in. 

The first night, after settling in the hotel after such a long journey, we went to Target (every expat that goes back to the States must love going to Target as one of their first stops- right? or is that just me?) My Mom had met us in Seattle, so we all went and got lots of treats that you can't get in UAE, got a bottle of wine and all of Livi's snacks that she needed for the night and following few days. And just knowing we were going to have a night of LOTS of laughs and catching up made my heart so happy. 

The next day was all about exploring this gorgeous city. 

Back when Will and I worked at Wild Wadi Waterpark, the guest service philosophy implemented  by the training department was the FISH PHILOSOPHY. This philosophy was created by Pike's Place Fish Market in downtown Seattle. So naturally, we had to make a stop there to see it all together. This was one of our first stops. Loved it! 
We had incredible food right on the water, I ate seafood for every lunch and dinner that we spent there. Also, since there is Starbucks EVERYWHERE, I got my fill of Iced Chai Lattes. (They STILL don't have chai tea at the Starbucks in the UAE- this is a big problem haha). We took in the Seattle Space Needle and let Livi run all around the green area there. Loved the live music that was played all over. The weather was perfect which was super lucky. Another image I can't forget is Livi walking barefoot in the natural grass and laughing as it tickled her toes and running around with Mimi and MattMatt. 
We breathed in the incredible fresh air and had such a great time spending the first few days of our vacation in such a gorgeous city, taking our time walking around and spending good quality time together. We LOVE Seattle. 

Some Pics from Seattle:
With Momma and Matty


Pike's Place Fish Market

Such a little Livi with her toes in the grass

Taking it all in




The next 3 weeks were spent in gorgeous Idaho. The main part of this trip that I loved was spending such wonderful time with my family and having Will be able to stay as long as he did. We got to watch my siblings play soccer, got to go on little family hikes. 
Will 'proposed' to me. We were already married but it was a decision that was made between the two of us to get married in Dubai, with 3 witnesses and then have a wedding with family and friends the following year. Livi came into our lives so that wedding didn't happen :) So there was never really a proposal- just a mutual decision :) One morning, Will woke me up early and said he wanted to go for a hike with me and Livi. I will admit, I wasn't in the best of moods and didn't feel up for a hike- I was a bit mean actually- not my best self. But I did eventually get ready and got in the car. He made sure to stop and get an iced chai for me and a little breakfast for all of us to take on the hike and to have a little picnic once at the top of the hill. Once we got to the top, will stopped and pulled a little box out of his backpack and he told Livi to hand it to me. I looked at him and said "what's that babe?" He got down on a knee and told me how much fun life is together and how much he loves the life we are creating together... and he put the most beautiful ring on my finger- I always thought this would happen like at our 50th wedding anniversary so I was taken by surprise and it was so so special having Livi be apart of it too :) Thank you my love, for one of the sweetest moments! 




We also got to spend time with my grandparents who came out to Idaho for a bit which was so special. Will went to his first baseball game. We stayed out late on the trampoline some nights talking about the future with my siblings looking up at the stars. 
We had an epic trip to McCall, Idaho. We rented a cabin for a couple of nights, went to the beach, did some tubing, got ice cream, did s'more making, played board games. What a fun few days there and how beautiful it is. 
I truly love the moments and memories made on vacation! They make all the hard work during the year so worth it! Love you family 

Some pics of all the above mentioned:

At our Cabin in McCall

McCall, Idaho


Livi and her Mimi

S'more Making

Ice cream the size of Livi's head


Mama



Happy Travels xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts