My Son is almost One

I'm sitting here at a loss for words to describe how quickly this past year has gone by. I honestly blinked and now my Baby Boy is 1 in a day. 

I remember the months leading up to his birth being so excited but also nervous of a new unknown. I mainly was nervous in regards to how Livi would react and adapt to her new title 'sister'. I was also nervous about how I would split my time between the two... would I be showing them both enough love and affection? Would I still have time to do all of the activities that Livi wants to do and bring Ben along easily?...

Ben was born on May 21st 2018, 11:45ish pm, and I remember crying before he was even in my arms because I already knew the love I was about to feel at any minute. He came out, eyes wide open, head full of hair, and as beautiful as can be. He lay on my chest right away and I was blown away by how my heart could immediately double in love. You ask yourself when you have your firstborn, how could I ever love anything as much?... You just do! 

When Livi met her brother the next day, all of my prior nerves flew right out the window when she looked at her baby brother and said, 'That's Baby Ben.' She knew who he was and she loved him right away. She gave him kisses, she held him, she didn't and still to this day hasn't shown any jealousy toward him. She is an incredible big sister and he ADORES her. Their friendship and love grows each and every day and it's a relationship I can't wait to watch continue to grow and blossom throughout their lives. What an honor that is for me to see two people I love so much, love each other. 

My Ben, 

Words cannot express how much love, brightness, happiness you have added to our lives this past year. You are calm, you are happy, you are sweet, you are smily, you are silly, you love to dance, you adore your sister, you eat anything and everything, you want whatever your sister has... even if I give you the same exact thing, you won't want yours, you'll grab for hers- which makes me smile because it shows me how much you love her and want to be like her. You have a laugh that is so contagious it melts away any bad day. You simply bring JOY to every day and I am so proud to be your Mom. In your first year, we have been both to the States and England.You have traveled on 7 airplanes. You are another amazing little travel buddy. I can't wait to keep adventuring with you, Livi and Dad. It is a gift I hope we can forever give to you and your sister. A lifetime of adventure awaits and I can't wait to be there right by your side. Thank you for being the dream baby that you are. You are perfect. 

We love you and can't wait to celebrate your birthday in 1 day ! Yahoo! 

Love, 

Your Mama 

What an incredible year! Cheers to our Ben 

xoxo
Always holding hands




























Comments

Popular Posts