Habits of an only child?





Habits of an only child? 

 Was an only child till I was 13. Allowed for imagination and lots of of make believe. A lot of alone time? Yes. But truly it was great- massive box of Barbies under my bed. 

Truly believed that if I sprinkled enough fairy dust on myself, made a wish and closed my eyes tight- that I just might start to fly. And believe me- I tried and tried and tried. Habits of an only child? I think so- but the perk of it was, my imagination only continued to grow. 

Hours upon hours spent learning EVERY word of Les Miserables. Swore one day I'd be onstage as Eponene and everyone who watched me would wildly applaud. Habits of an only child? Maybe. 

Always wondered what it'd be like to have a sibling close in age but at age 13, a big sister I was made. 

Love at first sight- that's what it felt like the day Abby was born and a year 1/2 later, there were 2 more. 

The years spent as an only child- I really think made me prepared for all the love, laughter and chaos that came with having my 2 sisters and a brother. It also prepared me for when I became a Mother. Only child for a bit- was great while it lasted, but the more the merrier to me. A house full of love and memories. It doesn't get better than that. 

Only child habits: I know no more- for this once only child, is now a child of 4. 



Comments

Popular Posts