Starduster

 Starduster

Love for airplanes- runs through my veins. 

Watching Poppy working on his Starduster- an open cockpit bi-plane. For days and days. The smell of oil. I grew to love it. It reminds me of that hanger. 

Make believing like I always did- watching Poppy clean the seats, wheels, interior and wings of that beautiful Starduster. 

Took me flying when I turned six. You have no idea how long I had waited to touch a cloud. Convinced I could bring a piece of one down to the ground and tell all of my friends the next day, "I got this piece of cloud flying high in the sky in the front seat of my Poppy's beautiful Starduster."

Reality proved that couldn't be done. But that six year old didn't care one bit because I got the best day with my Poppy- in that front seat where I comfortably fit. It didn't feel too small or too big- just right-like I'd been flying my whole life. What a gift, what cherished memories- that starting at six, I got to fly with my Poppy. 

Cant forget what it felt like that first time- way up high- no-one in sight. Just me, Poppy and the sky in that beautiful Starduster. 

Love for airplanes- runs through my veins. 

this wasn't in the starduster- i think it was his other plane called 'the champ.' pop.. if you read this, please send me a picture of us in the Starduster. 

sitting in the hanger. 

playing airplanes

always knew i'd do something someday in aviation-pre-babies living out a dream of being a flight attendant... wasn't the experience I thought it would be- but I couldn't live with regrets and I'm so glad I did it :) 


Comments

Popular Posts